Monday, September 10, 2018

HURRY, AUTUMN!

My toes already feel the cozy socks and warm fire. My arms search out the softest sweater to wrap myself in. My heart longs for the hot apple cider, freshly baked cookies and breads, and the tangy heat of home made chili. I want the steaming coffee, with the rich vanilla cream first thing in the morning, served up in a jug-of-a-mug.. one I can wrap my chilled hands around. Oh! The pleasure of this luxury, as I watch from my window the gold and russet leaves drifting to the ground. My feet itch to get outside for some leaf scuttling, as I breathe in the musty freshness that is autumn.  It comes too late and leaves too soon. And my heart calls out to it all year through, "Hurry, Oh! Hurry, Autumn. But, stay slowly. Stay slowly!" [Sunny Rowe 2018]





Wishing you all JOY in the beauty of this day.

PSALM 92:4
You made me find joy in what you have done, O Lord.
I will sing joyfully about the works of your hands.





No comments:

Post a Comment